Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Lehtos latest video discusses an issue I’ve worried about for a long time. How does one document maintenance so they can be assured of not getting screwed if they try to make a warranty claim?

We have all our maintenance done at the dealer, we're even buying tires from them, they're having a buy 3 get 4 deal now that beats Discount Tire. I usually get an alignment and four tires for what Discount gets for 4 tires. We can't afford their batteries ($500+, gulp) at the dealer, but everything else they're doing. All my receipts are in file folders in the cabinet "in case something gets lost" (yes, that happened at a mechanic shop I worked at in the '70's, it was a vindictive thing, lesson learned from others misfortune). The dealer currently has my 300 in for oil change, inspection, coolant and brake fluid flush, should get it back tomorrow.

The dealer also gave us a carfax account, all the maintenance is logged there as well. Interestingly, you can also log any maintenance you have done that doesn't otherwise show up on carfax on carfax.

Dad used to buy oil by the case, keep the oil and filter receipts, perform and log the service in his book, I doubt that would fly these days. I seem to recall a story here about Hyundai denying a warranty claim on a dealer serviced car because they didn't log the VIN? realcrazy

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi