Originally Posted by topside
Some clever racers will do stuff to distract attention, been there & done that, and it is indeed amusing.
But if the BSer & keyboard expert labels are directed at me, I frankly take offense at that.
I'm generally cynical about "new information" and what I call "technical fiction".
Driveshaft ID stripes are well-documented on many other brands, and I saw a post sometime back with a survivor Mopar driveshaft that showed traces of them.
That was something I hadn't recalled from back in the day, which is why I said "look for them".

No sir, not directed at you in any way. I was referring to the 30 YO's that will argue a fictitious point with one who grew up with the cars or is a known expert.
IE: 440 Hemi, 69 340 darts had satin black air cleaners, 273's were orange from the factory, my 68 Charger was an R/T and could blow any hemi or 440 off the road and the list goes on,
i had a customer a few years back that needed a new water pump on his restored 442. It was nice but not 100 point nice. trying to match the paint on a Olds , Pontiac & several others can be an bit of a challenge for several reasons. So we decied to paint it black. I told him if anyone asked why the water pump was black to tell them it it was only done on motors when an obscure option code was ordered that outperformed the w-30's LMAO
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if in 30 years that became a fictitious documented fact LOLA
beer