Quote:

With these pistons the car is a real dog. Don't know where to go from here. Its only a touring and cruiser but I still would like it to run better than this. Any one have any ideas?
Alex

If you want some easier-than-pistons ideas, I'd recommend:
1. Install -516 heads for the closed chambers and smaller valves/ports (higher velocity).
2. Advance the cam a few degrees. If you have a 'big' cam, consider a swap to an RV or stock cam.
3. Put a fast advance curve in the distributor. Due to your total lack of quench, you still might have detonation issues even though your compression is low, you'll just have to see.
4. Make sure you have a dual-plane intake and a smaller-size carb (or maybe a smallblock Thermoquad?). If not, try to find a 413 or 1966 440 intake, they have smaller flatter runners and might give more velocity than a performance intake. They are easily identified because they kinda look like they've been stepped on.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.