Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by moparx
i have sait that as well Larry.
at this point, i just don't care, KEEP IT THE SAME, YEAR ROUND !

and FINALLY, someone listened ! but i got both eyes on my back, as i'm SURE the general populous will get SHAFTED somehow or other with this bill ! whistling panic
beer
Yeah, at this point just I'm the same if they just get it done!!!

Another thing that's a tangent but what in hell with the 9/10th's with gas prices and can we get rid of that? What other retail product is priced with at 9/10th's?!!!!

I'm with you guys, fix it and leave it. After all my life advocating for DST I think splitting the difference would be the way to go. Whatever fixes it year round I'm good with.

The practice of tacking 9/10 of a cent on the end of a gas price goes back to when gas cost only pennies per gallon and was a tax imposed by state and federal governments. Gas stations added the fraction of a cent on the end of the price instead of rounding up the price. Back then, a full penny would have been a budget-buster for customers. The federal tax was implemented in 1932 as part of the Revenue Act of 1932 and was supposed to expire in 1934 eyes I'm pretty sure there's a civil war era tax that was supposed to expire at the end of it's intended purpose, to the best of my knowledge they're still collecting it.

I've ALWAYS read it rounded up, my wife just leaves off the .9 One of my buddies wanted to make an issue of my rounding it up. I told him to go down and buy one unit (gallon), come back and show me the change you get.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi