Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
I could scrape up and pay cash for that for a Demon. But I bet in 1971 for a youngster those prices were expensive.

About a year and a half of gross pay at $1.60 minimum wage at the time. In 1975 @ age 20 and newly married I could've bought a really nice red '70 'cuda for $1,900, not only did I not have the nineteen hundred, the insurance company wouldn't cover me. I heard the car went to Alaska.

Ouch. Its still neat though to think about all the new offerings for a muscle car available back then- small and big block offerings from Chevy Dodge Plymouth Pontiac...inhale....Buick Olds Ford and AMC.

In the very early spring of 1969 I went to my local hometown Plymouth dealer and sat down with my dad (co-signing as I was 18-1/2) and ordered my '69 Road Runner and I think when it arrive six or eight weeks later is was about the same "out the door" as that Lemon Twist Charger or around $3,800? I had a good job working in a steel related assembly plant and waiting to get drafted and shipped off to Vietnam (which drafted came a year and five months later) so I was going to make the most of my young life while I could and damn everything else. It was "The Best of Times, and the Worst of Times". Anyone have a list of the prices for the '69 Road Runner options so I can figure out the price of my RR? I think the RM23 383 base price was $3083, then add a 727, console, bucket seats, 3.91 Suregrip "Trac Pack" (or is that Super Trac Pack?), Air Grabber, Hood Stripes, AM radio, Power Steering, A01 light package, I know there was no charge for the F5 paint and black interior. May have missed something but back in the day that was a good chunk of change or monthly payments of over I think a $110 but lucky for me my parents listed it as my dad's car wink and him as the primary driver for.......INSURANCE purposes grin If dad only knew how many street races I had with that Road Runner tsk tsk grin

My F5 RR Jo Ann and current F5 nomirr.jpg