Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I built mine for my Challenger for less than $250.00. It has had my Challenger on it, a 68' Chevelle, a C10 truck cab and then the bed on it. Works great.

No offense meant by this response but When was that? I built one off internet plans 20+ years ago. By the time the dust settled I had over 700 out in materials alone and a lot of time. I never used it as I was still employed and didn't have the time for the intended project. I got LAID off (political BS) in 2002 and decide to take the part time business Full time. At some point I sold the one I made for 1K as I recall. Also sold the intended car which I kick myself for now. 5 or so years ago the need came up for one business wise. I did some research and settled on the Whirly jig.
So I am always curios when someone says they built one for that kind of $$. My brother in Ca. could have done so as he was a pipefitter and had access to all kinds of materials and supplies.
I just looked online at a couple of suppliers and a 6ft piece of 2x2 x .125 wall box tube is running about 10.00 a foot + shipping.
So even if one could buy it locally I don't think 250 is a realistic number especially in todays market. Again no offense meant but I sure as h-ll wouldn't have spent 2K plus when I bought the WJ if I could have built it for even 500.00.
There have been some that have put units together using cheapo engine stands those are about 250 a pair by themselves right now. Add in additional materials and one would be easily over 500.00 and have a questionable setup. The WJ also have a lot of real nice features that would be hard to duplicate on a budget.
Again I'm not challenging your statement but rather trying to clarify what one might cost today wink up beer