Originally Posted by Uberpube
Anyone have exhaust building experience with a setup like I have here? It's a 505 for my Ramcharger, the headers are 2" primary mad dogs, with 3.5" collectors. I need to come up with a muffler that won't smother the engine but also isn't crazy loud since the truck will be on 37's, so the exhaust will be at car window height.
Engine: 505, trickflow 270s, 550 ish cam hydraulic roller, indy dual plane, 10:1, 950 cfm carb.
I have total length of 48" to fit it all into, and on the outside of the frame I have about 10" between the parking brake brackets and the middle of the rocker panel.
Should I neck it down to 3" and the go with the longest round muffler I can find, or go with a 20" normal round and put a spiral silencer in the middle? Ideas?

I’m at the exact same point. I purchased the Mad Dogs for my 77 w150 that has a 528. I haven’t build a street vehicle for years so I’m clueless on muffler options to keep this thing quite. Do you have standard cab and short box? Hopefully I’ll have a little more length to work with as my truck is a Club cab. Didn’t you have header clearance issues with the shocks? How did you fix that? Sorry to rob the post.

6F8F1EF2-274E-40DF-8B88-F54B566F7A3B.jpeg