Thanks. What I'm trying to determine is what specific characters represent as my feeling is these specific characters (i.e., X, R, W, etc., Bid D has a complete list) are NOT assigned to an inspector but are characters that represent either what was inspected and confirmed or that a certain procedure or work was preformed. For instance my A12 Road Runner has belt molding and this means that because Lynch Road fender tags do not list the code for belt molding Body-In-White would need to know to drill the holes on the top of the driver's and passenger's doors and on top of the quarter panel at the base of the quarter glass. Seeing that a paper build or broadcast sheet could be burned by welding sparks did they some how use an addition code stamped onto the Lynch Road fender tags (like maybe an "X")?

I'll start with a 1969 model year B-body Lynch Road Fender tag and start with just one additional character randomly stamped on it and try to find a "common denominator" that would require Body-In-White to perform a task or know what it means. Here is my 1969 A12 Road Runner Lynch Road Fender Tag with the sideways "X". The car has a few more options than the belt molding but if other Lynch Road built cars with belt molding and the "X" stamp it may start to create a pattern what the stamps indicate?

Besides the belt molding my Y4 Spanish Gold A12 RR also has: Power Steering, Power Drum Brakes, Vinyl Roof in Black, All Tinted Windows, Rear Deck Speaker with dash switch that would need a hole drilled for it. A clock that I would think doesn't require anything but installation? There's a history on my car of unusual trim that would require BIW holes to be punched or drilled but that's so far of an oddity that I don't want to explore at this point.

Can someone with an "X" stamp on a '69 LR fender tag chime in with options they might have please?

MVC-031SE.JPGDSC07376D.jpg