Originally Posted by Stanton

You're getting all upset but its your own damn fault for such a stupid post.. First, if the size were so "common" as you state, you'd already have it in your toolbox. Second, I don't know anyone who doesn't have a box or jar of loose multiples of allen wrenches. Anyone else would just take the closest next size up and grind it to fit. And third, a quick Google of a conversion table would have given you the metric size which is probably more common than the standard one. But "cheaper than Harbor Freight" ... that one takes the cake !!! That's like seeing something at the Family Dollar and thinking you'll find it cheaper elsewhere !!

1. Upset, a bit, a bad day yesterday finally get to come here to relax and face criticism for an FYI post with a question from you and another
2. Stupid post? Who/what gives you the right to judge?
3. If you took the time to look at all other sets you would find the 9/64 IS COMMON and primarily used on 8-32 SHCS, set screws and button heads of different sizes
4. I have PLENTY of 9/64 allens. Some of which are even BALL DRIVERS, but not one that was 6" long.
5. Maybe you should re- read the post title and 1st sentence before launching, It's pictured below for your convenience.
6. Show me where a 3.5mm x 6" (152.4mm) long with a 3/8 drive is available
7. 9/64 is actually 3.57mm
8. Grind one to fit? I'm not that much of a hack but I could have machined one whistling
9. As previously mentioned (which you likely blew by)
HF has a "NEWLY" introduced 8 piece set, and OMG it has the 9/64 included. BUT it's 44.00 and I really don't want to buy another complete set as I rarely use them.

I was shocked to find that ALL the sets out there do the same. Every tool MFR that I checked (even Snap off) jumps the 9/64. BUT they do not do so on the shorter sets.

An FYI post with a question does not invite or entitle you to criticize another. We are supposed to be here to HELP each other. So from this point forward I'll ignore you and suggest you do the same.

Capture.JPG