The 75 that entered is from Indiana and has been shown at Carlisle in an invitational display building a couple years ago so may be one of the ones you're thinking of (Gold colored)?
Any leads on Supercoupes would be appreciated! Like Carlisle, MCACN is a national show and the majority of the cars at the show there every year come from out of state. In fact, I'm amazed at how many cars the owners have delivered there by Reliable. I'd estimate 100-125 of the ~550 cars each year get delivered there and back home after the show by Reliable. Which means a lot of car collectors who will spend 3000-5000 just in transportation to be in the show in addition to all the car owners who trailer cars 100s or even thousands of miles in their own rigs to be there.
Speaks a lot to the quality and reputation of the show!
So by all means if anyone knows someone with a nice stock Supercoupe please put them in touch. Even if they are far from Illinois they may be interested in submitting an application for their car to be in the show!
If you are on the MCACN email list, Bob will be announcing this feature display in an email this week or next I believe.