Originally Posted by poorboy
About a week or so ago, an old beater car stopped in front of our house, some guy wearing a brown UPS coat got out and delivered a package to our house. Around here, UPS must not be as concerned about their image, like they used to be.

The package was delivered when expected and was undamaged. UPS usually just drops the packages off and leaves, so if we had not seen the guy get out of the beater car, we would not have know the difference. I got the parts I needed, so how ever it was delivered, I guess it is OK. The delivery is what I paid for, not the method that it was delivered with. Gene

During peak shipping season (October through December), UPS uses things like employee's cars and rented U-Haul trucks to get the packages delivered. If you've ever been in a UPS center the end of December it's insane! They are committed to getting the job DONE! Years ago I was a Saturday air and fill in driver. They called me after I was home on Christmas Eve, had me come to the center, get a U-Haul and take a SINGLE package to a small town 60 miles away.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.