Mike,

""Do you have any recommendations on a decent street/strip carb that is reasonably priced with good performance.""

I had a 650 DP Speed Demon on my 340 and once I got the chips cleaned out, it ran pretty good. My 4 corners were always around 1/2 turn out and the only reason that I modified it (Proform main body) is because I stripped out a squirter thread. I have learned since that I like a carb with as much adjustability as I can get because I love to tweak. If you can get yours cleaned out, I would suggest that you keep tuning it unless your cam specs are outside of the range for the Speed Demon.

As far as reasonably priced with good performance, you will get what you pay for when it comes to carbs. Everyone has their faithfull brand so what I will suggest is to figure out if you want a mechanical or a vacuum secondary unit, and then shop around for the "bells and whistles" that you like. The more adjustability the more that you will pay. If you stick with the Demon brand, you might want to look at the Mighty Demons since they have replaceable bleeds and the Speed Demons do not. If you like DP's, I would suggest that you look at the Quick Fuel Street Series carbs. Their DP's have adjustable mechanical secondary linkage kits that allow for 1:1, 40% delay, and a 60% delay (Most DP carbs just have the factory secondary linkage with no adjustments). They also have electric chokes, reaplaceable IFR's, IAB's, and HSAB's for the common tuner.
Their are allot of different Demon/Holley style carbs out there so pick your options and then go shopping in your price range.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)