There has also been "talk" around the local doughnut shop that Stellantis will be closing the Brampton Assembly Plant after the buildout of the LX platform cars. The new vehicle strategy - per the "insider" is that Stellantis has only 5 platforms moving forward (all from Peugeot). If the "old" vehicle doesn't fit - say goodbye to it. Word on the street was that the new Challenger replacement had to have 14-inches chopped from it.

If the Ontario plant is closed, the hot real-estate market in the Toronto suburbs will add tens-of-millions of $$$ to Stellantis's bank account. I hope the workers are taken care of.

One more item...the Auburn Hills Tech Center - they have had a hiring freeze for almost a year. Folks have been leaving, finding new jobs at GM and Ford or EV start-up Rivian. Retirement packages were issues to those over 55. Some engineering teams may have had 20 people and they are now down to 8. HR will not let managers hire new - local bodies. They can only hire contract workers from other countries like India. However, Canada qualifies as an outside country - so the Stellantis folks are telling me HR is hiring contractors from Canada - and the Canadian Government is subsidizing the hiring by paying 25% of the employees salary!

Just another way we are seeing US jobs exit the country.

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.