"BUT , the supply chain right now for A LOT of items , ( furniture for example ) is hideous.
Wife and I were looking to buy a new living room furniture set and seems like everyone we pick out is out of stock with a 2 to 6 month back order"

my one acquaintance owns a furniture store, and for some reason he sensed this coming, and went out on a limb buying and ordering everything he could.
he figured he would either go broke, or be the only furniture store around that would have product to sell.
boy, did he guess right ! he has items stuffed in warehouses across three counties, and his slogan for many months now has been : "Shop here, get it TODAY !"
he told me a couple of weeks ago his orders made then had shipping dates of september of next year. he has been steadily reordering everything he sells, and thanks to his foresight, buying up everything he could, then reordering before anything sells, he has a steady supply of product coming in daily.

as for the guys with "stuff" [me biggrin] i have been dumping "my stash" over the last several years by not bringing [much of] anything home from the swaps, and giving "stuff" away to a few friends that will use it up.
however, i still have a pile growing i need to get pics of to list in various places, but for some reason, i seem to keep putting that off.

and then there is the "i wonder what i could use THAT for" syndrome i have. that results in a material "stash" that can get out of hand very quickly. but now, with steel and aluminum prices through the roof, that "stash" has been a life saver. er, i mean, project saver. whistling
beer