Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by poorboy
I know this is concerning the old Police cars, but the last few comments were concerning the sound of the Police cars under full throttle, so...
I live about a block off the last intersection going out of town on a State highway with an empty parking lot between my place and the highway. That highway intersects a city by pass about a mile out of town. As such, much of the emergency response vehicles heading out of town are under wide open throttle as they go past my place.

Without a doubt, those modern Hemi power Police vehicles sound as good and maybe better then the squad cars of the past. Though they sound as good, and probably run better, they sure don't have the class of the old squad cars. Gene
The modern Hemi does sound sooo wonderful under WOT, no doubt. The feel and the sound are absolutely wonderful. But I guess memories and especially ones from childhood always hold a special place. Seeing and hearing a Mopar squad at WOT as a kid that couldn't drive yet but already was in love with Ma Mopar is an unreplaceable memory.

Beautiful car Art!! Thanks for sharing.

That Polara........ drool Wow!

My twocents on the 'sound' thing.......

Back in the late '60's, early '70's, aside from 'muscle cars' and maybe a few imports, there wasn't much out and about that was truly fast. The squads of old had an intimidation factor to them too only bolstered by 'the sound'. They carried presence. Now, things are kinda reversed. Where there were few fast cars before, now there are few truly slow cars. A new minivan is probably quicker than a majority of the pedestrian small block cars running around back then. Sure the new Hemi squad sounds good and does just about everything better than an old squad, but there's no presence, no intimidation factor. It's basically 'just' another fast new car. The speeds cars can achieve now with the AC cranked was unheard of back then. Some full on race cars back then weren't as quick as what's driving around now.
I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm tired. I hope ya'll understand.

hop

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥