Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Originally Posted by gregcharger72
Do any of you get away with running mid 10 second passes at the drag strip with out a roll bar? my car is primarily a street car that i take to the track a couple times a year. what are your thoughts about roll bars in street cars. I see there are several newer challengers that are that fast and faster and are not required to have roll bars.

If you can’t bend/weld a bar in yourself, find a quality shop to install a moly 8.50 cert setup. Make sure you’re at the shop when they’re measuring/cutting and welding-in the main hoop and halo so they can build it around your actual sitting position while in the car. Not sure what belts, seats you’re using, but consider Kirkey’s or seats that would not allow your body and head to flop around a lot in the event of an accident on the street, i.e, keeping your body, head from contacting the main hoop and halo. If most of your time spent in the car is on the street, then I’d install door-side swing-out bars. Lastly, unless you’re wearing some sort of head protection, no way in hell would I ever run a car on the street with a funny car cage. I personally know two guys who died from head injuries when their heads smacked their funny car cage bars on the street. They were driving normal and were hit on the driver and passenger sides of their cars. They weren’t hot-rodding or acting like hooligans, just freak accidents. If anyone were to install or currently has a funny car cage they run on the street there is a company that makes a helmet shaped like a baseball cap that doesn’t look too goofy. It would at least allow you to live most likely.

Excellent, excellent advice!! As much as most of us do not want to hear that, it is very true. Thanks!!

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.