Dayclona is right. The Street Demon functions. Starts easy. Idles well. Easy setup without any fuss. No it does not sound like a Thermoquad.
The original TQ 6318 on my 1973 Charger Rallye 340 CID MT started leaking at the bowl. I gave the Street demon a try.
Unfortunately, I removed it not too long after. One of the E clips on the choke linkage went missing. I'm afraid that it got sucked into the engine. I looked down the intake manifold and around the engine. Nothing!
I bought E clip boxes of variety sizes of metric and standard and nothing fit right. I had to call the manufacturer to get the right E clips.
In my opinion using E clips where they can come loose and end up in the engine is not a good design. Otherwise, I would have nothing against the Street Demon.

In case you are wondering, I rebuilt the original carb and bought a new TOMCO fuel bowl. It's been on there for going on 3 years without any problems.

The Street Demon is sitting on the shelf in it's box. I'm an Engineer and have machining and fabrication skills. I would re-design this part before I use that carb again.

STreet.JPG