Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Leigh
[quote=HardcoreB]
Again, respectfully, after a couple dozen sets of PH362 Phoenix (Firestone Drag 500, in the “old days”), once they get used, and then sit for more than 6 months, they loose that nice soft, suppleness. I can tell, as there isn’t any debris stuck to the tread face. When they are fresh, they actually make a heck of a mess, there is so much debris that sticks driving back after a pass. Anyway, that’s my take. Thanks!

I found just the opposite with a set of 16x33x15 Goodyears that had been on my current S/P car for over 6 years in Tuscon, AZ stored inside, they had been well used but had a little over 1/2 the wear indicators left even with one set of the cords on the side walls being broken.
I put a 650+ HP E 85 bracket motor in the car and did one long burn out and they work very well shock shocked the hell out of me shruggy
I have had similar experiences with the old Firestone drag tires when I ran NHRA stockers back before 1989, 50 runs max and replace and sell them at a swap meet for 1/2 price whistling realcrazy
I had friend who would put 15 to 30 runs on them and then put new ones on due them starting to slow down a little bit each run after they quit hooking well whiney

I definitely stand corrected on the slicks, the slicks I am familiar with are the M/T. This is good to know because I for sure wont be buying Phoenix tires. lol I still feel there is something in finding that missing 50 or so HP. Without a bunch of typing my reasoning lies pretty much with CMcallisiter (spelling?). One or more elements that are holding it back likely can throw predictability off. Either way again congrats on getting out there! Recalling my recent trials with support gear and misc BESIDE the car part definitly could fill a book. Regards!