Originally Posted by polyspheric
All sympathy for the problem.
However, I suggest you not use accusations such as fraud (even when it's possibly true), because, in a legal sense, prosecution for fraud requires proof of prior intent (he planned to steal the money). Failure to perform the terms of a contract is a civil liability, but not a criminal act.

Failure to return the money is not strictly speaking theft, it's a term many have never seen used before in this context. He did not steal the money (which was entrusted to him in exchange for goods and/or services). Instead "he converted it for his own use". This is perhaps the most frequent cause of disbarment of attorneys: embezzling client's funds from an escrow account.

Although nothing like universally practiced, many Courts will award attorney's fees, filing fees, expert testimony compensation, etc. to the winner in civil suits, especially if the loser's behavior has been obstructive (foot dragging, low-ball settlement offers, pointless adjournments) rather than defensive. Can't hurt to tell him this in polite language.

Have you tried Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Facebook etc?

Thanks Polysheric.

I will check Yelp, and FB. The BBB had nothing yet. I actually liked speaking with Joe, but he is going too far. I have always been polite to him. I just hopes someoncontacts him so we can get this resolved ASAP.

Have a great day.