If you can afford them forged pistons are always better. I can not argue with that. BUT I have been drag racing and building engines since 1974, and I have run across many so called guru's with strong opinions on brands of parts, I have learned to take many of these comments with a grain of salt. I can rattle off a ton of engines I built with cast hyper pistons that worked well. A personal race engine that ran 10's for 6 years with no issues, a blown SBC with a 671, in a mini-rod tractor that ran for several seasons, heck it blew head gaskets and never hurt the pistons.

I personally think for mild race and street strip applications the 4032 forged piston is what I go with. And this alloy basically is a forged hyper piston, as it has 12% silicone added. Silicone stabilizes the expansion of the piston, but the trade off is a more brittle piston. I think the majority of OEM engines now come with hyper style cast pistons, so the technology is proven, but as with all technology you have to use it as designed. Wrong clearances are just not a choice, especially when deciding what is a good or bad product.