Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by burdar
Big wreck. Hope he's OK. I love that Javelin even though it's LS powered.

Its good old Big Block Chevy Powered, terrible to see it crash either way. He has already had another Javelin offered to him by another drag week guy.

They ended up with three wreck today, in rather short order. If I hadn't seen how thorough the US 131 crew was with prep and cleanup I would blame the track, but I don't think that is the case.

Jay Grabiak’s crash was from a stuck throttle. I talked to him afterwards, and he’s alright, and already coming up with a plan to fix the car. He’s a great guy. He was there with his kids.

Not sure the cause of Jackie’s crash, but it happened right in front of her husband, that was running in the other lane. Someone local had an exact same year, and color Mustang, and already sold them the shell, for $500 to fix the car. They too are wonderful people. Hate to see things like that happen, but the most important thing was everyone walked away.

It’s funny, the more you are a part of these events, the less brand loyalty matters. It’s one big family. Proof of that was at the award ceremony, and the Spirit of Drag Week was handed out. It was very fitting.

Jackie said on facebook that it got loose in shutdown, didn't expand on it much more than that.

After those incidents people sure were using the chutes more!

68 Barracuda Formula S 340