We've never had a roof last longer then 12-15 years or so. We have a big roof and the second last time it was done they were great, had 2 or 3 crews going and were done in a day. Last time we went with the same company. They came and started the job on Christmas eve, left early, left with the job half done, dropped what they were doing and left the trash all over the place. It took over an hour to move all the stuff off our walkway to be able to safely get to our driveway to go out. I called the sales guy and gave him an ear full. Then it snowed before they came back. The fnished job looks OK but they had to come back in the spring to finish off small things and clean up. I think we went with the long life fiberglass architectural shingles this time to see if that makes a difference.

My brother got one of new style metal roofs on his house. He's hoping that's the way to prevent having to do it again too soon. I told him to make sure he gets some extra material in case anything is ever damaged but I don't think he did so it'll probably end up being one of those things that when it needs to be redone it'll be because of some damage and you can't get the matching stampings any more.

Last edited by 5thAve; 09/17/21 03:03 PM.