Originally Posted by ChrgrCuda
Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
The Edelbrock sixpack intake will require welding and porting to work with max wedge heads. Indy sells their Modman intake with max wedge ports.

That's good to know Gomango. Thank you. I am using a factory 1969 Six Pack/Barrel intake, so I really don't want to hack it up. Looks like I will just try to find a nice set of used ported 906 heads that I can go through to match with the cam. Thanks again!

Wow, no offense, but this thread left me disappointed. After reading that cool sounding title and now reading the decision to just run cast iron heads turned out pretty anti-climactic. I was hoping to see you get into the weeds with a full rework an aluminum six pack manifold, so it would bolt up to some Max Wedge port heads and make some serious horsepower. Good luck either way.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)