Quote:

Quote:

They began selling ultra low diesel just yesterday here in Ca. It's my understanding that as of yesterday all service stations that provide diesel HAD to have the ultra low available. -Bob

Actually you have been getting the ULSD for awhile.. They may have just removed the stickers but that because they had to wait for the EPA to test the pumps and certify that they met ULSD specs(15PPM).. The refinery where I work has been producing ULSD only since June 1st..

Hey Warlock, do you know the exact level of sulphur thats going into ULSD? I know the end result is to be 15PPM, but I read in a trade magazine that, because of the residue in the pipeline, the refined product has more like 5PPM at the refinery-it is true?

The TDR (magazine) is a good resource and ally of the Ram CTD owner. They are encouraging the use of a lubricity improver to be on the safe side, and to use a new 7 micron fuel filter fleetguard has brought out for '98.5 and up CTD's
I read that this new blend will dislodge a lot of junk in the pipeline and in your fuel system, so stepped up filter changes are recomended.
There will be a 2007.5 Ram with a 6.7L engine. This is the truck that will need ULSD. The 6.7 is a stroked 5.9 with loads of emmission controls on it. I'm glad I got my '04!

2014 Durango R/T
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW SLT short quad Cummins 6 speed
1998 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2
1971 Plymouth Duster-
<<<<<MOPAR SPOKEN HERE>>>>>