Greatings! First time here in the offroad section...

My vehicle: 79' B300 Extended Cargo Van with rear 'Loadlifter 5000' airbags AND a set of 'Hellwig' helper springs on the original 16.5" wheels. Yes I have both helper springs and bags and it feels like a wagon but that's not why I'm here.

I live rural and need better tires, traction and clearance so after finding out the original rim size has 0 options for tires I decided to buy a set of 17" wheels.
I've decided I want 285 70r17's all the way around and the airbags provide enough of a lift to get them under the rear but there is no chance I'll be able to fit the same size tire in the front without a significant lift.

I've been searching on the Net and I can't find any kits or lift parts for my vehicle suspension other than the airbags I already have and some 1 1/2" coil spacer for the front which I'm not even sure are correct...

This is not a performance vehicle and I don't want to spend much money to get it lifted so with that criteria can anyone help me find a lift for the front suspension of my van on the cheap? grin

Is there a compatible part off another vehicle I can swap to give me the ground clearance I need?
I figure some bigger springs or a spring spacer/extension would do it... I don't mean those cheap spacers that you sandwich into the spring, I mean a bolt in tower extension...

Any help figuring out getting the lift for my front suspension would be greatly appreciated! up