Originally Posted by Superfreak
Absolutely amazing the amount you paid for a new car back then especially comparing truck prices from then to today, almost makes you sick.

Back then my Dad was making $90 a week.

Back then $3100 and $3400 was still a LOT of money..........and one of the reasons why not too many went for the $800 '69 Hemi option too. All relative to what the average take home pay checks were for the average Joe or Jane.

I sat down with my dad (I was 18 and he had to co-sign for the car loan) and the local Plymouth dealership sales guy in the spring of '69 and ordered my '69 Road Runner: RM23 hardtop, 383, Torqueflite, 3.91 Sure grip (super track pack?), bucket seats, console, A01 light package, power steering, AM radio, Air Grabber, hood stripes, F5, with a black interior,..............my dad looked at me when the sales guy read the total of just over $3700 before taxes and delivery charge, and it wasn't the look of "oh that's not a lot of money just think how much cars will cost in the year 2021" laugh2

So let's see do you think I could have said to my dad "do you think I should go for the $814 Hemi and bump it up to $4500 or just stick with the 383" spank

The RR a few month after I got it:

Mike

My_69_road_runner_circa_1969_006.jpg