I installed the tensioner into my LA SB about a year ago... and noticed that the oil slinger was hitting the bottom of the tensioner... AFTER I had the assembly all setup (degreed, etc). That was not good to see the slinger cocked at an angle against the tensioner!

So, I carefully ground the bottom of the tensioner (using a Dremel) so to give about 1/8" clearance. So far, engine runs great! BUT... I'm a bit worried about the tensioner. I used a PRO GEAR double roller chain setup that I bought from Hughes, as well as purchased the tensioner also from Hughes.... I later spoke to them about it (interference problem)... they said that they'd never heard of that matter... but also.. that the tensioner was never made to fit the LA engines... only the MAGNUMS (V6 and V8).

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 05/27/21 02:50 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!