Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by crackedback
I've played places where you could walk or ride and never had an issue keeping pace walking as a foursome. Problem with carts is one shot to the left other to right side and they go to one ball, then the other. That makes things SLOW, especially when the people think they are Tiger, Bubba,Justin, DJ, etc. FFS hit the damn ball already.

My favorite is the 540 yd par 5, drive goes 220 at best and the idgits are waiting in the fairway for the green to clear...

I hate this.

Yep, Carts are revenue for the course and they like it better when you ride,obviously. When we rode, if the above occurred, you go to the first guys ball, let him get a yardage, grab club(s) and you head over to your ball on the other side of the fairway. Let him hit and start walking towards green, second guy plays, swings over and picks him up. That's how you play quick with a cart!

One of the courses around the rowland heights/walnut area had a decent length par 5 to start... we were waiting on the tee, over an hour late, and had 4 fricken stupid groups do exactly what I mentioned, waiting for the green to clear. There is a particular ethnicity that is HORRIBLE about this and the place was loaded primarily with those folks. Saw a friend coming off 18 asked him his round and how long... 6.5 hours. It was about 1pm. We went back, got a refund and played a different course about 20 minutes away, on and off in 3.75 hours driving!

Course marshals are generally WORTHLESS for the most part.

Last edited by crackedback; 04/13/21 04:18 PM.