I think I got it a little closer tonight. I swapped out the coil with one with higher resistance. About where I would expect it around 1.5-2.0 ohms. Then the timing that was at about 5 degrees BTDC, I moved it to about 3-4 degrees ATDC. Then I noticed the starter motor was dragging just a tad after attempts to start the engine. I put a charger on the battery and it helped some. I at least could sort of repeat the failure and the ignition. It still has its moments where it does not want to start. So the next question I have is this- can the starter become weaker as it warms up? I can pour a cap full of fuel in the carb and it does not help the starting. I don’t think it is flooding because it is a 2V carb that I took off the shelf and it ran well when I put it on there. There is plenty of bad wiring under the hood. Some wiring has lost its insulation. So that stuff has to be cleaned up as well.
About the BR, should I be able to hold it in my hand while the truck is running without feeling like I’m going to get burned.
I think there are numerous issues working in according. It’s not there but I sa things tonight that encourages me that it will get there.
Once it starts it is slick, smooth and responsive.

‘72 Charger, 5.9 Magnum, Tremec 5 spd., Pro-Touring
‘14 Big Horn, Quad Cab, 4x4, 1500