Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I don't understand the why you would be charged $100 for a warranty repair . It must be a domestic dealer thing shruggy I still don't get why modern domestic cars still use an outside device to regulate voltage . If the writer goes out on a limb and "pads" the RO it's his butt or the tech's butt on the line to get the claim kicked.

Gus beer

I purchased a lifetime extended warranty when we got the car, new 2014 model, that covers lots of stuff but with a $100 deductible. The alternator was replaced in February last year for the $100 deductible and since it is less than 2 years it should be replaced for free.

So that part of this story is totally normal.

I know the PCM operates as the voltage regulator but Swapping a PCM for an alternator problem without checking the alternator first is what I would expect from Scotty Kilmer. LOL

Seeing some of the responses like yours helps me to feel less like the guy is padding the bill.

This dealer is bad about trying to up sell every repair but the repairs are done right which is why I didn't jump up and accuse them right off the bat.

I am less skeptical knowing that it makes sense that the don't want a 3rd return, they will get paid for it and Chrysler has checks and balances.

Thank you and the others who offered rational opinions.