The ol "wives tale" a color change will hurt it's resale value,....is just that!, the only way a color change "hurts" resale is when it's truly custom, or off the wall color

I disagree, too much of a blanket statement. What do you think would happen to a "real" hemi Cuda convetible if the color was changed? For the average everymans resto a color change will not hurt the value but you definetly cant say it across the board.

I know some guys are "wrapped" up in the numbers, all original "thing".......which is OK,........but after reading your comment on "what would happen to a "real" Hemicuda convertible, if the color was changed"......reminded me of this particular 1970 ""REAL"" Hemicuda convertible, 1 of 5 4spds, custom painted 38+ years ago in metalflake,flames,scallops,etc,etc,......purchased in 2000 for $465,000,.....later sold in 2007 for 1.8 Millon dollars.... untouched, never restored.......I don't think the "repaint" hurt the value of this car, infact it may have even elevated it's price, .....seeing that the highest paid for any 1970 Hemicuda vert, was 2.2 Million dollars,(Weiman) only because it was a former Mag roadtest car, and the first Hemicuda photographed and released to the public in late 69....

5170759-CustomCuda.JPG (417 downloads)