Perspective: Back in 1990 I had a 16' car trailer built for me by the local trailer builder. It cost my $1,000 back then. Mine had the same axles and springs with brakes on one axle (later I added brakes to the other axle). Mine was built with 2" x 4" 3/16" wall tubing main and cross rails. The center was open (lots of advantages with that if you haul more then just 1 car). I had 3/16" diamond plate runners that were 18" wide with a 6" "L" bend. The fenders on my trailer were built with 1/8" material. I had to add my own lights and do the wiring, supply the safety chains, add my own jack, and built the ramps.
The wheel bearings were repacked every other year. At 100,000 road miles, I replaced the spring bushings and spring shackles because they were sloppy and were allowing the trailer to wonder a bit. I sold the trailer in 2011 for $1,000. That guy used it a lot and then a couple years ago he sold it to someone else. The last I saw it was getting new axles and getting repainted.

I pulled my trailer around the country for 2 years hauling cars in the early 90s, but mostly it was used to haul my dirt track car to the races, and haul junk cars into the junk yard. The 16' deck was pretty short. Often the rear of the car on it stuck out behind the rear of the trailer. Didn't cause me any problems, but it always made me a bit nervous. My trailer had a pretty low deck, you always had to watch opening the car doors on whatever was on the trailer to be sure they cleared the fenders. On a trip to the junk yard one day, the junk yard guy dropped a junk car on top of one of the fenders. The fender dented, but other wise was still good (it was still on the trailer the last time I saw the trailer). I built 66" long ramps out of 1 1/2" square tubing, and I notched the next to the rear cross member to mount them on the trailer. They were heavy, but are also still with the trailer.

Around here, you can buy a used and abused car trailer for around a grand, but you will put another grand in it before you can use it. More money buys a better used trailer, and you put less money into it before you can use it, but your still pretty close to that $2,000 number for a used trailer. I'd spend the extra $800 and get the new one with the 3 year warranty. When ever your ready to sell it, you can usually get most of your money back. You may want to see if brakes on one axle is legal where you live. Original wood decks are usually good for about 5 years, the pine wood floor you replaced the original floor with (because the good wood is very expensive) is only good for 2 - 3 years. Gene