the one thing that has been mentioned is the CV thing. It has had a drastic effect on most everything due to plants being shut down, a lot of materials coming from CV's home country etc. It's a trickle down effect that we haven't seen the last of. I buy a lot of parts for customers cars and have had to literally spend hours tracking down items that are normally available in quantity. they have the right, but not the left or vice a versa. Some are 3- 6 month lead times. These are common items like floor pan patch panels for a GM A body (68-72 Chevelle and others). Normally available from different manufacturers and resellers.
Appliances, new vehicles, and a whole bunch of other items one isn't aware of until they try to buy it. HUH?? whad'ya mean you don't have 27" wall oven in stock (at a large reseller)? Ok I'll take the floor model, Whadd'ya mean I can't have it ? Ok I take a 30". Scenario repeats.
I can't wait 6 weeks, what am I supposed to use for an oven? Salespersons response shruggy
whistling twocents beer