up BEST RESPONSE in this thread:

What you guys need to understand is that it's not the dealer that decides what is covered and what is not, it's the manufacturer. They have become hyper involved in warranty repairs. These days you have to send photos, make a phone call or request authorization to make numerous repairs to a vehicle. It has gotten pretty crazy and time consuming. It was just one of the reasons I decided to retire early, the amount of documentation we had to do was making it harder and harder to make a living. At the end they were starting to send inspectors out at random. So you tear a car down, then wait days for an authorization or an inspector. In many cases the vehicle can't be moved after that so it sits there tying up a stall that I couldn't use to make money. Frustrating to say the least.

If it were me I would ask the dealership for the "warranty claim number" and any information concerning that claim. Then I would call the manufacture and/or the extended warranty provider and verify or request their response to the claim. As GJ noted sometimes the warranty claim might never have been submitted as the dealer doesn't want to go through all the hassle and down time with all that is involved. Sometimes the manufacture's customer service will step in to avoid internet and social media threads like this one........I did say "sometimes" wink Get the warranty denied report and warranty claim number and pick up the phone callme to the people where the buck stops and that is NOT the local dealership's repair shop or the dealership at all.