Originally Posted by AAR#2
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Well, , , Hoctor's Hidden Valley in Maricopa is still going however - Jeff Hoctor still runs that place. I thought they were gone long ago, but glad to hear they are still going. The dad - Don Hoctor, passed maybe 10-ish years ago.

So anyway, any "old timers" from the Phoenix area should appreciate this.

Been in the PHX area now 25 years and never aware of this place. During my 13 year resto when I needed a specific bolt or two I went to Desert Valley Auto, next to the Deer Valley Airport. Last year they were forced to move, guessing the land owner was looking to develop the land for big $$$. DVAP then moved everything to Black Canyon and a real PITA to get to.

Glad I saw this post and will have to give Hidden Valley a look one day.

Hidden Valley was THE place back in the 80's. There were a few yards out off of Deer Valley Rd. (that was pretty far North back then - close to where civilization ended) - they were all East of 17. I remember getting a pair of mint Rallye doors off a '72 Charger from one of them. I remember Bell Rd. & Thunderbird - I think Thunderbird was pretty much the farthest North for civilization, then there was basically nothing until you got to Flagstaff.

Desert Valley was an offshoot from a big family-run tow-in yard down on Buckeye if I remember correctly. They'd take anything "old" up there & just stash the old stuff. In the early 90's is when they opened that yard & started selling the old parts for big bucks. We got more good stuff from yards in TX., NM, CA, & remote yards in AZ. than around the Phoenix area. Phoenix was constantly heavily picked over - Tucson too.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified