Having played around with both wedge and hemi x-rams for more years than I want to admit,we modified them in many different configurations.Starting with the early modifications from Chrysler's engineers to various Diamond Engineering versions.I spent a lot of time with Jim Cavalera from Diamond and we came to the conclusiom that the only substancial benifit was increasing the interconnection volume between the two sides this allowed a better balance of air fuel equalizing the mixture so that both left and right cylinders got the same fuel making the engine more tunable at idle,off idle or intermediate transition to wide open throttle.Alan Krem and I took one of my manifolds and opened the the entire plenum area as much as possible and even raised the entire roof 1/2 inch to encrease the volume even more.We increase the interconnection area to 10 square and opened the runner entrances to max(about 4 square)This modification would exceed any CNC porting of a unmodified manifold today.We seen a slight increase in HP and minimal torque increase.Alan,Jim and myself came to the conclusiom that the entire design was flawed and both wedge and hemi manifolds were restricted buy the flat runner design and the port area at the head.We did modify this area and seen additional gains but this excluded the use of the manifold for class racing.In our opinion the time and cost of this modification wasn't worth the gains.Our remedy was to put a 5.13 gear in and wing the motor to 8200+ run fast and break engines.One successful SS racer told me he broke 5 engines just to set the record.This is the exact reason I ran a single carb on my 65 Plymouth for over 20 years.