I live in West Texas where we rarely see temperatures below 25 degrees, so I know next to nothing about what to do to prepare for the temperatures that are forecasted for the next few days (supposed to be 3 degrees on Monday morning!). Currently, we're not supposed to get above freezing until sometime Tuesday afternoon. I know that a lot of you on this board live in places that regularly get cold, so I figured that this might be the place to ask for advice. I'm mostly worried about my exterior faucets. I've got four of them, and they're all currently wrapped in towels and covered with those cheap styrofoam covers that probably don't do much when temps get below 20 degrees. One of the faucets in particular worries me. For whatever reason, the pipe sticks out about 8 inches from the exterior of the house, so I don't think that it's going to take much for it to freeze and burst. Does dripping the faucet work when temperatures get into the single digits and it's freezing for several straight days? If not, is there anything I could do to help them avoid freezing and bursting?
FYI: the house that I live in is an old rock house (built in 1929) with a pier and beam foundation, so the pipes under the house can be somewhat easily accessed. Thanks in advance for any advice. up

"When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me." - Mookie Wilson