Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Most of the Chevy guys I know will take a stock 454, put 12.5 to one pistons in it and an .800 plus lift roller in their street car. On here we'll worry about weather a lobe will live in this or that application..

Yep and we’ll wonder if we should stick with a stock port window too. The Chevy guys I know would buy these 5k blocks and put the biggest set of Hemi heads they could get on them if they were for Chevys. I’m with you, its expensive, but other than the block its all relatively similar. I’m hoping to save a couple bucks soon for a Callies block, but if its really about the money to some people they should probably be going to turbo builds anyway. If its about style suck it up and buy the block lf you can afford it. Aint nothing cooler than a Gen 2 Hemi and thats why most of us are Mopar guys.

If Trick Flow made a B/RB Mopar head comparable to that 365 Chevy head it wouldn’t sell. Everyone would come on here and ask about it and get told not to buy it because it won’t make power until 11,000 RPM and a block to build enough cubes to use it and not split costs too much. We’d tell them to go build a Big Block Chevy, then complain Mopar guys are cheap so we can’t get good parts.

Also, maybe I’m missing something but Edebrocks Victor Jrs for the G2 flow on par with those TF365s and cost less. Mopar guys do have options, blocks are becoming available and we’re tricking ourselves into not buying them after complaining for 10 years you can’t get blocks?

The $4800 is higher than I hoped, 4250 or less would have been really nice. But buy the things if you can, keep them making them and the price may come down. Buy the Hemi blocks and put huge Hemi heads on them and watch your Chevy friends look at your engine in envy of your huge valve covers. Even a Chevy guy will tell you, aint nothing cooler than a gen 2 Hemi.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 12/27/20 03:15 AM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street