I just pulled the trigger on a new truck after having my ‘07 Ram 1500 5.7 SLT for 14 years and just hitting 150,000 miles a week ago. Still running great. New truck is Ram 2500 6.7 diesel with 6 speed auto crew cab short bed. I learned about starting it up and driving it right away easy till warmed up....no idling warm up time is what i have been warned about all over the place.
Any other things i should know about? We just had borderline freezing temps at night here (32-34 F) and i went out and bought some anti gel additive. Should i run it all winter long, or wait for lower temps to add it in? I also inderstand i should wait till the DEF is low to add more to fill it. Like, about 1/4. Then there’s the exhaust brake. I read that it is good to run it all of the time to keep the turbo cleaner. Any downside to the engine doing this? Any accelerrated wear on the engine doing this? Any other tips or knowledge i should know? I am pretty good with early maintenance of things and i will keep up on it all.

Thanks!

1.50 60Ft. , 10.75@ 127MPH Hauling 3900 LBS.