There are 2 ways to knurl a sealing surface. Crosshatch and diagonal. Some new cranks use a diagonal pattern that is supposed to draw the oil away from the seal while it is rotating. This is not a problem with PTFE seals that actually seal fine in a dry or low lubricant environment. This is why many new engine have their seals installed dry.

The crosshatch pattern mopar used back in the old days would draw oil to and away at the same time. Worked good for the rope seal and it's wide surface area, but lip seals slide across the grooves letting the oil pass by underneath.

Your crank looks like a diagonal pattern.

I went a round on a GM that had the seal replaced and it still leaked before I got a hold of it. I read more than any human should about seals when it came my way and the one thing I learned is there is a lot of debate on sealing technology. That's when I discovered some seals are installed dry.

Any idea on who made the crank? What are their opinions? Is the current seal a PTFE or traditional seal?

I am open to differing opinions. I hate rear main leaks and love to hear what works for others.