Originally Posted by ThermoQuad
Originally Posted by hulmule
I know certain cars with 440 and certain hoods didn't have A/C. Like a 69 Coronet R/T with an air grabber didn't have A/C. But my question , did they ever put A/C on a 426 Hemi ?? Don't know enough about hemi's and the brackets and accessories if they could or never did in cars. Thoughts?

Chrysler did indeed install six paks with ac on a few e bodies. See attached - they did not perform the ac in an e-body 6 pak exercise just for grins. I am sure they did the same with hemis based on research and interviews from people involved in the Chrysler car building & engineering culture of the times. Interviews & Research with real people. whistling

In some one's collection is a red 1970 Challenger JS27V0B with factory ac that came out of the Brian Thomas Collection. Factory Exec car on the tag and H51, misprint according to all the experts....can't be done... The air breather notch for the compressor had rolled edges as it was cut with a die not a cutting tool. Brian Thomas was arrested for securities/stock fraud and the cars auctioned by the fed. Got time on your hands? - go look for the auction/crime info from the mid late 80's and you may find the story. Rochester NY newspaper would be a good place to start looking. work

Further research indicates over the last 40 yrs that there was an E body hemi or 2 built in late 1970 model yr with factory AC & H51 on the tag.
Try JH23R0B not JS27R0B. Not a miss-print. One of hemi owners who is well known in the blue oval world of never say never built fords has readily offered to provide an affidavit regarding the ac in the hemi Challenger. Argue with him.
A couple of those cars may actually exist but i am not allowed to divulge any further info, just like Ryan and his auto archaeology finds where he protect the locations/owners of the cars he finds.
There may even be a broadcast sheets for these unicorns but the masses will never get to see them due to the owners wishes.
There is a 1971 Challenger JS23V1B Factory exec car with H51 on the tag and ac in the car...documentation exists
I don't give a crap if you think this is an old wives tale. Be happy I shared my years of controversial research chasing the unicorns & remember I am just the messenger who knows better. I will not be returning to argue - have ???? Try a PM
catfight

drive

...coded for the extremely rare air cleaner delete option.