Originally Posted by lostdog
Originally Posted by gregsdart
I am certain someone out there can grind you a cam to fit YOUR needs. That is why i want to push for a custom cam in your case. Looking for 600 hp is going to require some decent rpm, 6500+. My thinking is, why not go with a solid roller with lobes designed for endurance, and the duration, lift and LSA all spec'd to YOUR combo? Shelf cams are meant to do OK across a large variety of combos and sizes and are more of a compromize than i personally would want to put into a build that is going to cost $8000+? For a few $$ more, get the best brain for your beast!

I'm not ruling that out but bc this is going to be a street/grudge race engine I want to stay with the hydraulic roller but I am not ruling anything out.

Another post for your engine would really help you pick out a decent combo to meet your goals. Example; "Help me build a 600 hp stroker smallblock" then list what you have for parts now, what manners you want, budget and what you are willing to compromize on. Guys want to help, so post it๐Ÿ‘

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky