I bought a Stud welder when working on my 73. The metal was too thick and didn't pull well with the 1 pin method. Newer cars have soft thin metal compared to our old ones. I'm going to get the wave spring type puller and see if it works better.

It may just be the brand I have.

I would pull what I could back into the best shape I could without making more damage. I would then drill the spot welds and remove the inner panel as one piece. Then I would do the body work on the fender using a guide to compare left and right sides. Having an unbent inner panel is great to help with the comparisons but probably not an options. Re-pops may and may not be the correct shape and often have to be massaged into the OEM panels so you can't depend on them for alignment.

After the fender and panel are correct I prep and weld them back together.

Like somebody said if it's your first rodeo at body work. Get a reputable shop. I started doing my own because the shops around me made what we called bondo buggies. I have seen shops use chicken wire and bondo to repair rust outs, Dents at least 3" deep filled with bondo. Scary bad work and people thought they did a good job till the bondo started falling off the car by the pound. bondo primer puke