Originally Posted by moparx
this forum used to be more active quite a few years ago.
i guess facepage took a lot of guys, and for some, it was the difficulty posting pictures.
as i don't have a "smart" [?] phone, i've never experienced any trouble with pictures, but my desk top isn't new either.
as to the challenges of building a hot rod, [my 33 dodge humpback delivery has been an ongoing project for over 45yrs] i pick up info from most of the forums here. i guess i just fish around until i find what i need.
i am a member of the H.A.M.B. but i seldom go over there. i'm not sure why.

i guess the question becomes "what are you working on, and what do you need to know or get help with ?"

i have been playing with cars since birth, and i'm willing to share anything i can with anyone, especially my mistakes. biggrin
over the past 50 years, i have helped friends build 20 or more cars from a T bucket, numerous pre-war cars, 50's cars, and muscle cars.
during that time, i built a 47 plymouth sedan, and a 38 plymouth coupe. i'm now involved with a friend who is working on a 58 impala, a 53 mercury sedan, and a 36 hudson sedan that had a barn collapse on.
i was a machinist for over 42yrs before retirement, and have fabricated a ton of parts over the years.
don't be afraid to ask questions on any subject. someone will be able to help.

the basics of a hot rod are similar to muscle cars, yet slightly different because of the smaller package older vehicles have to contain the systems needed to function.
i don't know if this was any help. i'm just an old retired guy, but i still love playing with cars. laugh2
here's my humpback. 98% fabbed by me, including the chassis, front suspension [a 3 1/2yr project in itself], steering system including the steering column, and it isn't done yet. although it is still almost the same vision i had for it back in the early 70's.
beer

Thanks. I too am retired, and old. Been into cars forever, but took me til I was 50 before I could afford a hot rod. Bought it about 20 years ago, got it running, and drove for about 2 years. Parked, and redid, with a lot of help and money. I drive the snot out it, that what I wanted it for. Do not own a trailer. It is 48 DeSoto 4door. 1st Gen 392 Hemi, 727 tranny, mopar 8 3/4 open rear (3:23). I also am member of HAMB. Not very 'puter savy, so have been unable to post pictures on this site.

Jack

K.I.S.S.