Every piston ive ever ordered looks nicer than the previous. Used Ross fo a long time. Recently Mahle. Was turned on to Mahle by the engine builder at Realtime racing. They are Acura’s roadcar race team. 9000+ rpm engines. Ive seen pistons out of engines that dropped valves at High rpm. Pistons are junk, but stay together. Very strong and stable materials with tight expansion rates. Skirt designs that make sense. Have there own coating.
I was planning on using these in my early hemi build. My machine shop suggested racetec. I mistakenly let him order them. I guess between knowing my previous builds and what is planned for this new build, that I would get something pretty nice. I don’t know whose fault (other than mine) it was, but the first set of 10 came in with the wrong bore size. After several months ( covid) I got the correct bore size. These things are heavy. Skirt supports look like a design from the ‘50s. Rod relief/ lightening is coarse with burrs still on the edges.
Really disappointed in myself for not ordering the Mahles. Im sure racetec is capable of making a nice product, but pistons shouldn’t leave the building with burrs on them.
My point is not to assume anybody knows what you want. Be involved in your request, and use companies that you know will give you what you request.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"