I wanted to post this here on Moparts & RCC in hopes that it'll be able to be found via searches in the future for the next guy who does what I just finished doing.

I thought that swapping in a Melling HV Oil Pump ( M63HV ) onto a 440 in a 74 Ramcharger would be about as straight forward as doing it in a car and I was WRONG!

Things to consider:

1. The Drivers Side Engine Mount bracket must be removed in order to remove or install an oil pump when the OEM mounts are in use.
2. You WILL need a bolt kit (same is true for the installation in a car) and it's easier to order an ARP, Mancini, 440Source, or wherever bolt kit before hand than going to the hardware store and cutting bolts down to fit (like I did)
3. The Drivers Side Engine Mount Bracket will have to be modified to clear the HV pump.

These are some of the hurdles I came across today. I did a ton of searching online before installing the high volume oil pump since I had never done one before and had no idea what to expect, and from talking to people who've swapped them in B-Body's, it was nowhere near as involved as the truck. Even looking at my 70 Coronet R/T, it appears that it'll be much easier swap.

I talked to another guy who's local to me that has and has had big block RC's...He said on his last one with custom motor mounts clearance was a non-issue so I'm thinking this is only when using the OEM motor mounts.

440HVOilPumpClearance01.jpg440HVOilPumpClearance03.jpg440HVOilPumpClearance04.jpg440HVOilPumpClearance06.jpg

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver