Big Dad, you stop accelerating after the first 120 ft. free falling, 1500 ft. fall hurts just as bad as a 130 ft. fall shruggy whistling grin
I use to climb telephone polls, not power poles. Telephone lines and cables are usually installed around 21 Ft. above the ground on the poles, I slid (burnt) down one from that height, it filled my chest and arms full of splinters. I don't remember any of that slide, I do remember thinking oh SH--! I'm in trouble now when I started to slide down it, I do remember being on my knees on the ground next being very mad rant
That pole was my third that morning on that job, I was part of 3 man crew, the working foreman was suppose to climb that one and do the work on it, I should have been his groundman helping him get the parts up the pole. I was getting off early that day and he decided to make me, a apprentice, climb it instead rant down
I did have to climb some poles a lot higher than that, we installed steps on a 90 ft. once after it was put up, If I'm remembering correctly I think it had righ t 5 1/2 or 6 Ft. in the ground to hold it so we had to climg around 78 Ft to our feet and climbers to install the 2 sets of working steps at 78 Ft above the ground, that one got my attention shock shruggy
Within a year I saw a power line crew stepping one of their 60 Ft. poles on the ground before setting it in the ground, boy where we stupid realcrazy whiney
I slipped, cut out, on three or four more times in my climbing career, I manage to get a climber back into all those polls before sliding down very fall boogie, experience is a great teacher up

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/05/20 02:25 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)