I have to cut a 1/2" diameter hardened bolt (twice) with a DeWalt oscillating saw. I've used their best steel cutting blade and not very happy with the results so I know they won't do the job. Friend said Imperial high carbon is good but not sure which blade to buy. The best DeWalt blades wouldn't last more than two or three drywall screws before the teeth were flat so I'm pretty sure trying to cut through a half inch cross member to body mount hardened bolt on my wife's T&C that they just won't get it done. Where the bolt is there is no way other than a straight in oscillating saw it my only chance at this point of getting it out. Broke the head of the bolt off, so I welded a nut to the and this just created more problems as the plate with the nut in the frame channel just twisted and turned. I can see the plated through a triangulated hole in the side of the frame channel and if I can cut the bolt below the plate I think I can get it out.........one shot so I need the best, toughest oscillating saw blade. Thanks.

Mike

[Linked Image]