So first a little back story, a while back I was having a little street fun with my boss and had a run with his challenger on an empty highway. I was cruising about 40mph then gave the old girl about a 2/3 throttle blast, it blew the tires loose, and it began immediately walking away from his car revving up to about 6500 RPM 125-130ish MPH. Around that time I felt a little hesitation and an off rhythm, idle cycle then normal, but that had subsided not long after. For the rest of the trip home from work I didn’t think much of it. That is until I got home and did my post trip checks, and saw my Valley pan became a Hill Pan. Naturally, after this discovery I was very confused, still runs great and has a boat load of power. (Literally since it’s a C-Body haha) It sat in storage for a while and I finally was able to get back to starting to diagnose this, but I still come up empty on a cause from the basic external diagnostics I’m able to do in a self storage unit. The car is the build from this post: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...-ram-68-fury-build-opinions-welcome.html

Compression Test Results: 1: 160PSI 3: 165PSI 5: 160PSI 7: 165PSI 2: 155PSI 4: 160PSI 6: 150PSI 8: 165PSI
Also no smoke or engine noises heard.

Anyone have anything like this happen to them and figure what it was?
Also should the car still be driven or am I at risk of losing everything in the engine?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

050F3CEB-D19C-411E-A99B-EF99C4B56DEB.jpeg
Last edited by FuriousMopar1968; 09/14/20 09:11 AM.

1968 Plymouth Fury - 440 Dual Quad Tunnel Ram