Originally Posted by volaredon
OK then, I have a question about that 96 Dakota that you are parting. I also have a 96 4wd Dakota. Are you using the steering column and the intermediate shaft between column and box> The stub shaft with the 2 U joints. I need that part for mine badly. If you arent using that and want to sell, I'd buy it from you. and a far fetched "how's the body"?

I posted on your thread.
I may have another shaft laying around here, while the 96 was still drivable, I had a column hooked to the cab on Dakota 4x4 frame so I could move it around the yard.
The body on the 96 was in much better condition then the frame was, but it was not cherry. Unfortunately, I cut up most of the decent cab, I've removed the firewall and the tunnel from an extended cab that only needed rockers the rest of the cab is still here, but the entire interior is removed. The center of the door bottoms are separated on both doors, but other then that, the doors were pretty straight, I may be cutting the door handles out of the doors to use the latches, handles, and locks, but those parts don't need to come from these doors (except the locks that match my ign key. The box is pretty nice, it would need patches on the top of the wheel tube inside the box, I didn't remove the fender extensions, but the box sides look pretty good. at this point, I'm intending on using the box floor and front panel, but it is still intact right now. The front fenders are junk, there is a rather large hole right through the top of the inner fenders on both sides.

Posted are pictures I have of the black Dakota. The last picture, inside the bedliner, you can see the bottom of one of the front fenders. Both look about the same.

No one around here is doing anything with this era Dakota. I'm cutting the parts out of this one because it would just go to the scrap other wise, I really do not want it sitting here over the winter if I can help it.

If there is anything you can use, let me know, I'll take specific pictures of those parts, I'd rather see them save a truck then be cut up or scrapped. Gene

P1010241.JPGP1010242.JPGP1010256.JPGP1010244.JPG